General Labor with Forklift Experience/ 2nd Shift Shredder Baler Operator
Shredder / Baler Operator
Shredder / Baler operators perform a variety of activities to operate and maintain the shredder and baler.
Shredder / Baler operators report to the Corrugator Superintendent.
The duties and responsibilities of Shredder / Baler operators include:
- Following all safety rules and procedures.
- Retrieve and Replace Waste carts.
- Weigh and record all waste.
- Sort waste for dunnage.
- Shred waste and monitor Baler.
- Separate and unitize roll cores for recycling.
- Replace bale wire spools.
- Operate Forklift.
- Maintaining clean and organized work areas, cleaning the shredder / baler areas, and assisting with the cleanup of other areas as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
The minimum qualifications for Shredder / Baler operators are the ability to meet the physical requirements documented for the corrugator department; the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; and the ability and willingness to follow written and/or oral instructions, ask questions, make suggestions, and work as a member of team.